[nova][qa] Does nova need to run the nv tempest-multinode-full job?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 17:27:22 UTC 2019

On 3/24/2019 8:50 PM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> I did diff of those jobs tests run and below are the coverage nova is going to lose with
> removing the tempest-multinode-full.
>
> - test_server_multinode :https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/a955095f8369e2e15c97a536edc1a9c077208129/tempest/scenario/test_server_multinode.py
>
> - test_cold_migration, test_revert_cold_migration:https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/16e4005dfcbd6b1aa68a1a1c0187b0af9cc70650/tempest/api/compute/admin/test_migrations.py
>
> - test_servers_on_multinodes:https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/7a588ded216f74ddd0015c3065d4fae10de2161f/tempest/api/compute/admin/test_servers_on_multinodes.py

I'm not sure if there is anything in those tests that we don't already
have sufficient in-tree functional test coverage for the mechanics of
the operation being tested, in other words, if those tests don't rely on
specifics in the virt driver being used, we should have similar coverage
already in-tree.

Matt