[designate][heat][horizon][ironic][magnum][octavia][searchlight][senlin][vitrage][zaqar][zun] Upgrading nodejs version

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Mar 13 22:57:50 UTC 2019

Hey all!

NodeJS version 4 isn't a supported version anymore - and what's more
there are no packages for it for bionic.

To that end, all of the UI projects that are currently requesting
node_version: 4 in their npm jobs [0] or who are using any of the
templates that start with nodejs4- [1] are about to have a large amount
of sad.

I would personally recommend updating to node_version: 10 - since that's
the most recent LTS and would give us until 2021-04-01 [2] before we
need to deal with things again.

BUT - I don't have a real opinion on course of action - I figure that's
likely something to be discussed amongst the various UI projects. The
only thing I have an opinion on is that the outcome probably shouldn't
be "shrug, nodejs4 is fine". :)

Monty

[0]
http://codesearch.openstack.org/?q=node_version%3A%204&i=nope&files=&repos=