[nova][ptl][election] Start the battle

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:41:14 UTC 2019

On 3/13/2019 9:12 AM, Chris Dent wrote:
> I mentioned this in IRC [1] too, but I think the candidates election
> statements [2,3] already try to explain why they think they would be
> a better PTL, so if there is going to be further discussion it needs
> to be based around specific questions or scenarios that you are
> concerned about. I think that would be very interesting and useful,
> so I'd encourage people to ask questions if they have them. But,
> expecting the candidates to extrapolate from what they've already
> done is too vague a request.

Well said Chris.

I'll take a shot at this. Maybe it's not so much a question as a
statement. I'm looking for a PTL that is going to be not only available
but involved in the major work going on in nova - and not just aware of
it, but actually helping to push the code, be that through actual
development of code or at least reviewing a lot of it. So I guess a way
to phrase that into a question is what have you done in the last six
months to demonstrate that you're not only available but helping, or
better yet, leading to push the bigger things we're working on as a
team, which could be stuff from our cycle themes [1] or the less
tangible stuff like the placement extraction work, and how do you plan
to continue that for the next six months?

[1]
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/priorities/stein-priorities.html

Matt