[nova][ptl][election] Start the battle

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Wed Mar 13 14:12:57 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019, Jens Harbott wrote:

> We are having two excellent PTL candidates now, making it very
> difficult for me - and probably others - to decide between them. So I
> would like to ask the candidates for some statements explaining why
> they would be the better PTL, lest the election ends up in a tie.

I mentioned this in IRC [1] too, but I think the candidates election
statements [2,3] already try to explain why they think they would be
a better PTL, so if there is going to be further discussion it needs
to be based around specific questions or scenarios that you are
concerned about. I think that would be very interesting and useful,
so I'd encourage people to ask questions if they have them. But,
expecting the candidates to extrapolate from what they've already
done is too vague a request.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-nova/%23openstack-nova.2019-03-13.log.html#t2019-03-13T10:49:08
[2] mel: https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/election/plain/candidates/train/Nova/melwittt%40gmail.com
[3] eric: https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/election/plain/candidates/train/Nova/openstack%40fried.cc