Does anyone care about reviewstats?

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Mar 12 15:01:47 UTC 2019

On 3/12/19 8:54 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> There are open reviewstats changes [1] but the non-infra core team is
> entirely made up of people that no longer work on openstack [2]. I had a
> change that was open so long some of the projects are now owned by
> placement [3] so I just abandoned it.
>
> So the question is, does anyone use reviewstats anymore? If so, we
> should probably just start adding new people to the core team that
> actually use it. Otherwise we should probably just put it in the attic
> and rely on stackalytics (which is probably what most people are already
> doing).

I am still using it. I have a local change that pulls the project list
from governance instead of the manually curated lists in reviewstats
which reduces the maintenance burden somewhat. I'm not sure if it works
for all projects though. I mostly use it for the Oslo stats these days
and my all projects page hasn't been updated in almost two years. I
suspect that's because of errors when it tries to process everything,
but I haven't really dug into it.

So I'm happy to push up my changes, but they may cause other people
issues. Of course, given how out of date I suspect the project lists in
reviewstats are I'm not sure how much worse I could make it. I doubt the
numbers it spits out right now are terribly accurate anyway.