[tc] PTG presence

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 11 08:44:03 UTC 2019

Jean-Philippe Evrard wrote:
>> Seems like the first half of Saturday could work out. Keeping in
>> mind that we're already compressing what was normally a 5-day PTG
>> into 3, all teams are having to compromise some on allotted time.
>> Between the leadership meeting the prior Sunday and various Forum
>> sessions, we'll see each other and have other opportunities to push
>> TC initiatives anyway. I feel like we can make it viable.
>
> Agreed. Half day + ad-hoc conversations. It is better than nothing :)
> gmann is right: We need a well prepared agenda beforehand.

We've been working on scheduling -- there is actually room for the full
day on Saturday... The trick is that Saturday morning there is conflict
with the 1st contact SIG, where a significant portion of TC members are
also active.

Since there is so much overlap between the two groups and it's hard at
this point to prioritize discussions, maybe we could book the full day
for a "Stewardship" room (1st Contact SIG + TC) and then build the
agenda for it based on topic importance and who stays until when during
the day ?

If we prefer to keep things separate, we could still schedule the 1st
Contact SIG on Thursday morning, but there it would conflict with a lot
of other SIGs (and the Docs team), so I bet attendance would be lower.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)