Firmware Update (cleaning step) issues

Martin Sysadmin chilliblast75 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:26:31 UTC 2019

Hi all

I am having absolutely zero success with this "feature" and wondered if
anyone else had tried it or could try it for me? (or if the devs see this
list)

The error is always the same irregardless of "URL" (location of the update)
and is not descriptive at all:

| maintenance_reason     | Node <<node_uuid>> failed step {u'interface':
u'management', u'priority': 0, u'step': u'update_firmware', u'args':
{u'firmware_update_mode': u'ilo', u'firmware_images': [{u'url':
u'file:///firmware/ilo4_261.bin', u'checksum': u'<<update_checksum>>',
u'component': u'ilo'}]}, u'abortable': False}: Clean step update_firmware
failed on node <<node_uuid>> with error: Unable to update firmware

However I wrote my own test Python script using hpilo library, it works
perfectly every time in a matter of seconds if not a couple of minutes for
the same hosts, is this OpenStack update firmware feature a "beta" feature?

Would appreciate any tips from anyone who has this working on HP hardware.

Thanks