[ironic] Proposing two additions to ironic-core

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 14:13:33 UTC 2019

One of the hardest things I feel the need to do as a PTL is to send
emails to inquire how core reviewers are doing when they have fallen
silent or all signs point to they are distracted. It is nobody's
fault, it is the nature of the work we do in the community. But those
emails are still difficult for me to write, and truth be told I feel
like an awful human being when I send them.

But then there are times I can smile and send emails that hopefully
will bring joy and happiness, such as this email!

I'd like to propose to add the following individuals to ironic-core:

 Arne Wiebalck (arne_wieback) has been interacting with the ironic
community for close to nine months and has become active in reviewing
other contributors patches meanwhile collaborating with the community
on new features. He also helps operate CERN's Bare Metal cloud and
OpenStack deployment. While this may mean that sometimes he is busy
with other things, he is able to provide direct operator feedback to
the ironic community which is vital to ensure that we support and
enable Bare Metal cloud operators. In reviewing the 120[0], 90[1], and
30[2] day statistics, Arne has consistently been in the top 10
reviewers.

Riccardo Pittau (rpittau) is a relative newcomer to ironic, but has
quickly taken to interacting with other contributors in code reviews,
asking questions, and encouraging changes. His review statistics are
also in the top 10 reviewers when looking at the 120[0], 90[1], and
30[2] day statistics,  Riccardo has an operations background, which
brings a great deal of value to the ironic community in the terms of
real world experience with Bare Metal hardware.

I believe both of these individuals would be excellent additions to
the core reviewer team. Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Julia

Note: Links are from Stackalytics. If anyone has independent reporting
utilities that do not leverage stackalytics, please point me in the
direction of such tools off-list.

[0]: https://www.stackalytics.com/report/contribution/ironic-group/120
[1]: https://www.stackalytics.com/report/contribution/ironic-group/90
[2]: https://www.stackalytics.com/report/contribution/ironic-group/30