[virtualbmc] Serial console support in virtualbmc

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 13:52:55 UTC 2019

Hey folks,

I wanted serial-over-lan support in virtualbmc so that I can use it
for testing while working on getting nova-serialproxy support into
tripleo.

It turns out that sol support had shown up early in 2018 [1], but was
subsequently pulled [2] due to a file descriptor leak.  I've tried to
rewrite the sol implementation to avoid the file descriptor leak; you
can see my work so far in:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/640888/4

It Works For Me at this point. If this is something that interests you
I would welcome your feedback. The change is currently marked WIP
because there are numerous unit tests that need to be rewritten.

[1]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/482853/
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/566646/

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}