Are most grenade plugin projects doing upgrades wrong?

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Jun 14 17:17:32 UTC 2019

 ---- On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 01:13:33 +0900 Elõd Illés <elod.illes at ericsson.com> wrote ----
 > Actually, if you check [4] and [5], they seemingly check out master, but
 > just below the linked line like 20 lines, there's a 'git show --oneline'
 > and 'head -1' which shows that the branch is clearly stable/stein. So it
 > seems there's no need for explicit branch settings in [1]... but I
 > haven't found the code lines which cause this behavior, yet...

yeah, it seems it did checkout stein version. But from log it is not clear where exactly
/opt.stack/old/watcher dir is being cloned from stein? this is the first clone I am seeing in log[6].

I checked for designate grenade job on stein and rocky branch and they also seem to
clone the correct base designate [7].

Are we missing the log somewhere where the correct base is cloned?

[6] http://logs.openstack.org/10/664610/2/check/watcher-grenade/ad2e068/logs/old/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2019-06-12_19_19_36_915
 [7]
stein- http://logs.openstack.org/71/660171/1/check/designate-grenade-pdns4/a460998/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2019-05-20_17_16_11_958
rocky- http://logs.openstack.org/60/662760/1/check/designate-grenade-pdns4/940dc47/logs/grenade.sh.txt.gz#_2019-06-03_14_26_43_243