[keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 3 June 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Jun 7 22:58:00 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 3 June 2019

## News

### Milestone 1 Check-in

We scheduled our Milestone 1 meeting[1] and I proposed a draft agenda[2]. Looking forward to a productive meeting!

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-May/006783.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-June/006976.html

### Sphinx update and the gate

This week the release of Sphinx 2.1.0 broke our documentation builds. The issue[3] is that module constants are now automatically included as members in the document, and we were using constants as shorthand for external, imported modules that had broken docstrings. We've come up with a workaround[4], but as Elod pointed out, we're now documenting constants like CONF, LOG, and others which is an unexpected change in behavior.

[3] https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/issues/6447
[4] https://review.opendev.org/663373

### Expiring users

We discussed[5] the work needed[6] to allow federated users to create and use application credentials, which formerly was making application credentials refreshable and is now being reworked to move the refresh layer upwards, but we had differring recollections on whether that layer was with the user or the grant. Kristi will update the spec to mention both options and the implementation and user experience implications for each option.

[5] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/keystone/2019/keystone.2019-06-04-16.00.log.html#l-37
[6] https://review.opendev.org/604201

## Open Specs

Train specs: https://bit.ly/2uZ2tRl

Ongoing specs: https://bit.ly/2OyDLTh

All specs for Train should now be proposed, new specs will not be accepted for Train after this point. Please provide and respond to feedback on open specs so that we can merge them in a timely manner.

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 3 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2tymTje

There are 42 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

This week we opened 5 new bugs and closed 2.

Bugs opened (5)
Bug #1831918 (keystone:Medium) opened by Nathan Oyler https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1831918
Bug #1831400 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Brin Zhang https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1831400
Bug #1832005 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Maciej Kucia https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1832005
Bug #1831791 (keystonemiddleware:Undecided) opened by Nathan Oyler https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystonemiddleware/+bug/1831791
Bug #1831406 (oslo.limit:Undecided) opened by jacky06 https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.limit/+bug/1831406

Bugs closed (2)
Bug #1831400 (keystone:Undecided) https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1831400
Bug #1831791 (keystonemiddleware:Undecided) https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystonemiddleware/+bug/1831791

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/train/schedule.html

Today is the last day to submit spec proposals for Train. The spec freeze is on the Train-2 milestone next month. Focus now should be on reviewing and updating specs. It's also not too early to get started on feature implementations.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter