[Security SIG] Weekly Newsletter - June 06th 2019

Gage Hugo gagehugo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 19:51:06 UTC 2019

#Week of: 06 June 2019

   - Security SIG Meeting Info:
   http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#Security_SIG_meeting

   - Weekly on Thursday at 1500 UTC in #openstack-meeting

   - Agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/security-agenda

   - https://security.openstack.org/

   - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Security-SIG

#Meeting Notes

   - This week we discussed the [openstack-security] mailing list usage.
   Currently it's only being used for launchpad to send automated
   notifications on security bugs. Due to this, we are considering designating
   the [openstack-security] mailing list to only be used for automated
   notifications and rewording the description for the mailing list to state
   this for clarity.  If anyone is wanting to ask questions about security
   related questions, we will suggest using the -discussion mailing list.

   - We will discuss more on this next week and hammer out the final
   details.

## News

   - the scientific sig meeting this week featured a discussion on secure
   computing environments, if anyone here is interested in the transcript or
   wants to reach out to the participants about anything:

   -
   http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/scientific_sig/2019/scientific_sig.2019-06-05-11.00.log.html#l-93

   - Image Encryption pop-up team's proposal:

   - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/661983/

   - Storyboard work is nearly in place for a mechanism to auto-assign
   security teams to private stories marked "security"

   - https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:security-teams

# VMT Reports

   - A full list of publicly marked security issues can be found here:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ossa/

   - No new public security bugs this week