[tc][kolla][kayobe] Feedback request: kayobe seeking official status

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jun 6 08:22:53 UTC 2019

Mark Goddard wrote:
> [...]
> We see two options for becoming an official OpenStack project:
>
> 1. become a deliverable of the Kolla project
> 2. become an official top level OpenStack project
>
> Given the affinity with the Kolla project I feel that option 1 seems
> natural. However, I do not want to use influence as PTL to force this
> approach.
> [...]

 From a governance perspective, the two options are definitely possible.

Kayobe can be seen as one of the Kolla-derived deployment tools, or it
can be seen as a new deployment tool combining two existing projects
(Kolla and Bifrost). Project teams are cheap: the best solution is the
one that best aligns to the social reality.

So I'd say the decision depends on how much independence Kayobe wants to
have from Kolla. Having a separate project team will for example make it
easier to have separate meetings, but harder to have common meetings.
How much of a separate team is Kayobe from Kolla? How much do you want
it to stay that way?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)