[networking-ovs-dpdk

Elanchezian Settu elanchezian.settu at gigamon.com
Fri Jul 19 07:00:00 UTC 2019

Hi Erik,

Thanks for your response. Getting below error message when I execute the command in compute node. Could this be the reason?

ubuntu at os-compute-01:~$ nova-manage cell_v2 discover_hosts --verbose
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py:144: UserWarning: The psycopg2 wheel package will be renamed from release 2.8; in order to keep installing from binary please use "pip install psycopg2-binary" instead. For details see: <http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/install.html#binary-install-from-pypi>.
  """)
An error has occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/cmd/manage.py", line 2371, in main
    ret = fn(*fn_args, **fn_kwargs)
  File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/cmd/manage.py", line 1473, in discover_hosts
    by_service)
  File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/objects/host_mapping.py", line 248, in discover_hosts
    cell_mappings = objects.CellMappingList.get_all(ctxt)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_versionedobjects/base.py", line 184, in wrapper
    result = fn(cls, context, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/stack/nova/nova/objects/cell_mapping.py", line 256, in get_all
    db_mappings = cls._get_all_from_db(context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 1011, in wrapper
    with self._transaction_scope(context):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/contextlib.py", line 17, in __enter__
    return self.gen.next()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 1061, in _transaction_scope
    context=context) as resource:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/contextlib.py", line 17, in __enter__
    return self.gen.next()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 659, in _session
    bind=self.connection, mode=self.mode)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 418, in _create_session
    self._start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 510, in _start
    engine_args, maker_args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/oslo_db/sqlalchemy/enginefacade.py", line 532, in _setup_for_connection
    "No sql_connection parameter is established")
CantStartEngineError: No sql_connection parameter is established

Thanks & Regards,
Elan