[placement][ptg] Shanghai attendance

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Jul 11 07:59:27 UTC 2019

As with nova [1] and keystone [2], placement needs to decide what
kind of presence it would like to have at the PTG portion of the
event in Shanghai in November, and let the Foundation know. I've
already expressed that I don't intend to go [3] and in that message
asked for feedback from the rest of the placement team on whether we
need to do any placement work there, given the value we got out of
the virtual pre-PTG in April.

Let me ask again: Do we need a presence at the PTG in Shanghai?

I've created an etherpad where we can track who will be there for
sure and who will not, and start making note of relevant topics.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/placement-shanghai-ptg

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-July/007640.html
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-July/007639.html
[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-July/007527.html