[docs][fuel][infra][ironic][neutron][charms][openstack-ansible][solum][tc] proper retirement of repos

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Jul 8 05:28:05 UTC 2019

On 06/07/2019 19.38, Mohammed Naser wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> One of the issue that we recently ran into was the fact that there was
> some inconsistency about merging retirement of repositories inside
> governance without the code being fully removed.
>
> In order to avoid this, I've made a change to our governance
> repository which will enforce that no code exists in those retired
> repositories, however, this has surfaced that some repositories were
> retired with some stale files, some are smaller littler files, some
> are entire projects still.
> [...]

Fuel and some networking repos were not retired (see comments in this
thread), instead they were moved out of governance. So, your check is
too aggressive, it catches not only the RETIRED case but also the "still
active but not under governance" case. AFAIK there's no differentiation
in governance repo for these,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
  SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg