[all] Is the Denver Summit save?

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Tue Jan 29 19:40:40 UTC 2019

Anita Kuno <anteaya at anteaya.info> wrote:
>One of the things I think we can agree on in an open source community
>is the importance of making decisions about our own behaviour as
>individuals, based on facts.

Agreed.

>I don't have an answer to the question posed. I do have some
>suggestions for those interested on how to access facts in this
>matter.
>
>I find that reading multiple news sources on a given issue to be very
>helpful as I try to understand the full picture.

This is a great suggestion.

>In this matter, I find that reading Canadian news sources,
>cbc.ca/news, thestar.com (you will be prompted to subscribe, you don't
>have to subscribe), and globeandmail.com (some articles are for
>subscribers only) to be very useful. The Canadian news site
>nationalpost.com used to be a source I read often, but now I believe
>all articles are for subscribers only.
>
>Internationally I find bbc.co.uk helpful.

Yes, BBC News is probably still fine for most news outside the UK.
Although FWIW (and at a risk of going off on a tangent) my personal
opinion as a Brit is that whilst BBC has traditionally been a fairly
reliable news source with a (global?) reputation for impartiality,
sadly it is no longer in general quite what it used to be.  In
particular I would recommend taking any coverage in which UK politics
has a stake with a pinch of salt.  Here again Anita's advice to
consult multiple sources from different viewpoints is excellent :-)