[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update VII - Jan 22, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 06:52:21 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the seventh update (Jan 15 to Jan 22, 2019) on collaboration
on os_tempest[1] role
between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Things got merged:
os_tempest:
* Add support for aarch64 images - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/620032/
* Configuration drives don't appear to work on aarch64+kvm -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/626592/
* Fix tempest workspace path - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/628182/
* Add libselinux-python package for Red Hat distro -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/631203/
* Use usr/local/share/ansible/roles for data_files -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/630917/
* Use tempest_domain_name var for setting domain -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/630957/
* Rename tempest_public_net_physical_{type to name} -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/631183/
* Add tempest_interface_name var for setting interface -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/630942/

ansible-config_template
* Use usr/share/ansible/plugins for data_files -
https://review.openstack.org/631214

ansible-role-python_venv_build
* Use usr/local/share/ansible/roles for data_files -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/631777/

openstack-ansible-tests
* Setup clouds.yaml on tempest node - https://review.openstack.org/631794

Tripleo-spec
* New spec for stein: os_tempest tripleo integration -
https://review.openstack.org/630654

fixed tempest workspace upgrade
  issue and os_tempest got support of aarch64 images and nova
Configuration drives.
* Tripleo os_tempest spec published:
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/tripleo-specs/specs/stein/ostempest-tripleo.html

Things in Progress:
os_tempest
* Always generate stackviz irrespective of tests pass or fail -
https://review.openstack.org/631967
* Add telemetry distro plugin install for aodh -
https://review.openstack.org/632125
* Added tempest.conf for heat_plugin - https://review.openstack.org/632021
* Use the correct heat tests - https://review.openstack.org/630695
* Use tempest_cloud_name in tempestconf - https://review.openstack.org/631708
* Adds tempest run command with --test-list option -
https://review.openstack.org/631351

os_tempest integration with Tripleo
* Added requirements for integrating os_tempest role -
https://review.openstack.org/628421
* Run tempest using os_tempest role in standalone job -
https://review.openstack.org/627500
* Use os_tempest for running tempest on standalone -
https://review.openstack.org/628415

Upcoming week:
* We are able to run tempest in Triplo CI standalone
test results are here:
http://logs.openstack.org/00/627500/65/check/tripleo-ci-centos-7-standalone-os-tempest/198ae77/logs/undercloud/var/log/tempest/stestr_results.html.gz
* We will try to finish os_tempest integration with tripleo and heat
support in os_tempest.

Thanks to odyssey4me, cloudnull, jrosser (a lot of help on different
patches), Panda and Sagi from Tripleo CI team
pabelanger and dmsimard on figuring out os_tempest dependencies,
action_plugins and nested ansible.

 Here is the 6th update [2]. Have queries, Feel free to ping us on
#tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-January/001730.html