[tripleo][openstack-ansible] collaboration on os_tempest role update VI - Jan 15, 2019

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 06:50:06 UTC 2019

Hello,

Here is the sixth update (Jan 08 to Jan 15, 2019) on
collaboration on os_tempest[1] role
between TripleO and OpenStack-Ansible projects.

Things got merged:
os_tempest
* Better tempest blacklist management - https://review.openstack.org/621605
* Move role data in share/ansible/roles - https://review.openstack.org/629127
* Use the inventory to enable/disable services by default -
https://review.openstack.org/628979
* Remove tempest_image_dir_owner var - https://review.openstack.org/629419
* Automatically select the correct tempest plugins -
https://review.openstack.org/629499

Tripleo
* os_tempest tripleo integration blueprint created:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/os-tempest-tripleo

* support of handling tempest skiplist having reasons why a test added
in skip list.
* Handling enable/disabling of services and tempest plugins using inventory
* tempest_image_dir_owner var got removed

In Progress:
os_tempest:
* Run smoke and dashboard tests by default - https://review.openstack.org/587617
* Fix tempest workspace path - https://review.openstack.org/628182
* [WIP] let's find proper heat tests - https://review.openstack.org/630695
* Add support for aarch64 images - https://review.openstack.org/620032
* Configuration drives don't appear to work on aarch64+kvm -
https://review.openstack.org/626592

python-tempestconf
* Create functional-tests role - https://review.openstack.org/626539
* Enable manila plugin in devstack - https://review.openstack.org/625191
* Set refstack-client-*-tempestconf voting again -
https://review.openstack.org/628919

Updates on running os_tempest in CI
* Devstack - https://review.openstack.org/627482
* TripleO - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:tripleoostempest+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

currently due to missing vars from playbook, we will be soon reaching
to run tempest tests also.

Tripleo os_tempest spec review: https://review.openstack.org/630654

Upcoming week, we will be working on enabling heat tempest tests in
OSA jobs and trying to run tempest tests from os_tempest in
Tripleo/DevStack CI.
Thanks to arxcruz (for skiplist test management) and odyssey4me
(enabling openstack services using inventory ).

Here is the 5th update [2]
Have queries, Feel free to ping us on #tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest
[2.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-January/001471.html

Thanks,