[tc] agenda for Technical Committee Meeting 3 Jan 2019 @ 1400 UTC

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Jan 2 17:05:05 UTC 2019

TC Members,

Our next meeting will be this Thursday, 3 Jan at 1400 UTC in
#openstack-tc. This email contains the agenda for the meeting, based on
the content of the wiki [0].

If you will not be able to attend, please include your name in the
"Apologies for Absence" section of the wiki page [0].

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee

We have several items of old business to wrap up:

* technical vision for openstack

  We have approved the first draft of the vision [1],
  and have one update proposed by gmann [2].

  What are the next steps for this change to the vision?

  Are we ready to remove this topic from the tracker now, and treat
  further updates as individual work items?

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/technical-vision.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/621516/

* next step in TC vision/defining the role of the TC

  We also approved a document explaining the role of the TC [3].  Is
  there more work to do here, or are we ready to remove this from the
  tracker now?

[3] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/role-of-the-tc.html

* keeping up with python 3 releases

  We have approved all of the patches for documenting the policy and for
  selecting the versions to be covered in Stein.  What are the next
  steps for ensuring that any implementation work is handled?

* Reviewing TC Office Hour Times and Locations

  The most recent mailing list thread [4] was resolved with no changes
  to the number of office hours.  Does anyone want to propose different
  times, or are we happy with the current schedule?

[4] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2018-December/000542.html

and we also have a couple of items of new business to take up:

* Train cycle goals selection update

  Checking with lbragstad and evrardjp for any updates to share with us
  this month.

* health check status for stein

  How is it going contacting the PTLs for the health check for stein?
  Does anyone have anything to raise based on what they have learned in
  their conversations?

--
Doug