[placement][TripleO][infra] zuul job dependencies for greater good?

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 11:30:01 UTC 2019

Here is example jobs [0],[1] to illustrate the "middle-ground proposal".

As you can see, disregard of the failed tox, a few jobs will be executed:
- tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-containers (the base job for UC
deployments checking)
- tripleo-ci-centos-7-standalone (the base job that emulates overcloud
deployments but on all-in-one standalone layout)
- tripleo-ci-fedora-28-standalone (the same, but performed for f28 zuul
subnodes)

So that hopefully still gives a developer some insights and as well
prevents the rest of the deemed to fail (or deprecated multinode) jobs
from execution and still saves some CI pool resources.

To illustrate the further ordering, see [2],[3] that is expected to have
the standalone and UC jobs passing. That would in turn cause the
update/upgrade and custom standalone scenarios jobs executed *after*
that logical build-step, so let's wait and see for results. If you think
we should limit the changes scope for dependencies of tox jobs only, let
me know and I'll remove those additional inter-jobs dependencies odd the
patches.

PS. I don't think that reworked layout abuses zuul dependencies feature
in any way as we do have some logical state shared here across these
consequently executed jobs. That is only the "succeeded-or-not" flag so
far :-) Ideally, we'll need some real deployment artifacts shared, like
the updated containers registry.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/639615
[1] https://review.openstack.org/639721
[2] https://review.openstack.org/639725