[dev][oslo] oslo.cache and dogpile 0.7.0+ cache errors

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 22:42:57 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 01:04:38PM -0600, Ben Nemec wrote:
> To close the loop on this, we just merged a unit test fix that unblocks
> oslo.cache ci. We'll continue to work on sorting out where these tests
> should live as a followup.

I haven't really followed this problem, but just to point out that we
added dogpile.cache to zuul's projects and added tests against master
to the nodepool "-src" functional tests [1] after the interesting
issues we had between it and openstacksdk a while ago.

Thus I'm certain you could get some form of smoke-test job running
against dogpile master, and that would respect depends-on for pull
requests, etc.  This can help avoid fire-drills on release days.

Myself or anyone in #openstack-infra would be happy to help, I'm sure :)

-i

[1] https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/nodepool/tree/devstack/plugin.sh#n52