[placement] zuul job dependencies for greater good?

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Tue Feb 26 00:09:57 UTC 2019

>> -1 to serializing jobs with stop-on-first-failure. Human time (having to
>> iterate fixes one failed job at a time) is more valuable than computer
>> time. That's why we make computers.

Apologies, I had nova in my head when I said this. For the placement
repo specifically (at least as it stands today), running full tox
locally is very fast, so you really have no excuse for pushing broken
py/func. I would tentatively support stop-on-first-failure in placement
only; but we should be on the lookout for a time when this tips the
balance. (I hope that never happens, and I'm guessing Chris would agree
with that.)

-efried