[tc] Questions for TC Candidates

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Feb 25 19:11:28 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-21 17:10:03 +0000 (+0000), Graham Hayes wrote:
[...]
> The most effective way would be for the TC to start directly telling
> projects what to do - but I feel like that would mean that everyone
> would be unhappy with us.
[...]

To be clear, I can deal with people being mad at the TC if there's
sufficient benefit to the community and users. But as the
development of OpenStack is based on collaboration, dictating terms
(rather than showing teams why some alternative path is a benefit
for them) is likely to result in further shrinking the contributor
base and/or forming forks under a less authoritarian regime. This is
the real cost which must be weighed any time the TC considers using
its power to force the hand of a team it governs.
--
Jeremy Stanley