[horizon] Horizon slowing down proportionally to the amount of instances (was: Horizon extremely slow with 400 instances)

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Wed Feb 6 10:00:08 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-01-30 at 21:10 -0500, Satish Patel wrote:
> folks,
>
> we have mid size openstack cloud running 400 instances, and day by
> day
> its getting slower, i can understand it render every single machine
> during loading instance page but it seems it's design issue, why not
> it load page from MySQL instead of running bunch of API calls behind
> then page?
>
> is this just me or someone else also having this issue? i am
> surprised
> why there is no good and robust Web GUI for very popular openstack?
>
> I am curious how people running openstack in large environment using
> Horizon.
>
> I have tired all kind of setting and tuning like memcache etc..
>
> ~S

Hello,

I took the liberty to change the mailing list and topic name:
FYI, the openstack-discuss ML will help you reach more people
(developers/operators). When you prefix your mail with [horizon], it
will even pass filters for some people:)

Anyway... I would say horizon performance depends on many aspects of
your deployment, including keystone and caching, it's hard to know
what's going on with your environment with so little data.

I hope you're figure it out :)

Regards,
JP