[kolla] Debugging with kolla-ansible

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Feb 4 02:15:54 UTC 2019

Heya,

I'm chasing a bug at the moment, and have been able to recreate it with a
stock kolla-ansible install. The next step is to add more debugging to the
OpenStack code to try and chase down what's happening.

Before I go off and do something wildly bonkers, does anyone have a nice
way of overriding locally the container image that kolla is using for a
given container?

The best I've come up with at the moment is something like:

- copy the contents of the container out to a directory on the host node
- delete the docker container
- create a new container which mimics the previous container (docker
inspect and some muttering) and have that container mount the copied out
stuff as a volume

I considered just snapshotting the image being used by the current
container, but I want a faster edit cycle than edit, snapshot, start
provides.

Thoughts?
Michael