[dev][keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 28 January 2019

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Feb 1 13:13:43 UTC 2019

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 28 January 2019

## News

### JWS Key Rotation

Since JSON Web Tokens are asymmetrically signed and not encrypted, we discussed whether we needed to implement the full rotation procedure that we have for fernet tokens and came to the conclusion that probably not[1][2].

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2019-01-30.log.html#t2019-01-30T14:29:39
[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2019-01-30.log.html#t2019-01-30T22:40:50

### Alembic Migration

Vishakha reminded us that most projects are moving away from sqlalchemy-migrate to Alembic but that we hadn't done so yet[3]. In fact we already have a spec published for it[4] but we need someone to do the work. Now might be a good time to revive our rolling upgrade testing and revisit how we manage upgrades and migrations.

[3] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/keystone/2019/keystone.2019-01-29-16.00.log.html#l-65
[4] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/keystone-specs/specs/keystone/backlog/alembic.html

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2pquOwT

We merged 17 changes this week. Among these were changes introducing the JWS token functionality.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2RLApdA

There are 75 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

This week we opened 2 new bugs and closed 6.

Bugs opened (2)
Bug #1813926 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Shrey bhatnagar https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1813926
Bug #1813739 (keystonemiddleware:Undecided) opened by Yang Youseok https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystonemiddleware/+bug/1813739

Bugs closed (2)
Bug #1805817 (keystone:Undecided) https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1805817
Bug #1813926 (keystone:Undecided) https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1813926

Bugs fixed (4)
Bug #1813085 (keystone:High) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1813085
Bug #1798184 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Corey Bryant https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1798184
Bug #1804520 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1804520
Bug #1798184 (ldappool:Undecided) fixed by no one https://bugs.launchpad.net/ldappool/+bug/1798184

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/stein/schedule.html

This week is the feature proposal freeze, so code implementing specs should be available for review by now.

## Shout-outs

Congratulations and thank you to our Outreachy intern Erus for getting CentOS supported in the keystone devstack plugin! Great work!

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter