[ironic] Hardware leasing with Ironic

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 15:20:35 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 10:58:58AM +0000, Pierre Riteau wrote:
> > This would require Ironic to support multi-tenancy first, right?
>
> Yes, assuming this would be available as per your initial message.
> Although technically you could use the Blazar API as a wrapper to
> provide the multi-tenancy, it would require duplicating a lot of the
> Ironic API into Blazar, so I wouldn't recommend this approach.

I think that it would be best to implement the multi-tenenacy at a
lower level than Blazar.

Our thought was to prototype this by putting multi-tenancy and the
related access control logic into a proxy service that sits between
Ironic and the end user, although that still suffers from the same
problem of needing the shim service to be aware of the much of the
ironic API.

Ultimately it would be great to see Ironic develop native support
multi-tenant operation.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}
http://blog.oddbit.com/                |