IBM z/VM CI is planning to migrate new environment

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 14:21:49 UTC 2019

On 12/23/2019 6:35 AM, Dong JV Ma wrote:
> Due to the hardware issues, the IBM z/VM CI system [1] is planning to
> migrate to the new hardware in the next few months, the planning time
> will be in 3 months.
>
> We will do following changes with IBM z/VM CI environment:
> 1. Migrate the IBM z/VM CI to new hardware
> 2. Upgrade IBM z/VM CI from python2 to python3
>
> During this time, IBM z/VM CI will not stable, please ignore the IBM
> z/VM CI failures. For any questions feel free to reach out to me(Dong Ma).
>
> [1] _https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ThirdPartySystems/IBM_z/VM_CI_

Thanks for the heads up.

A separate question. Are there any plans to continue doing feature
development on the virt driver within nova? The last time an IBM team
contributed any features to it was in Rocky [1]. Since then it's
basically been in maintenance mode when the driver interface changes.
It's not like it's really a drain on resources for the nova team but I'm
also assuming no one uses the in-tree driver so its existence is solely
to say there is a zVM driver in nova for marketing/sales purposes.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/543344/

Matt