[searchlight] Elasticsearch 5 and latest support

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at calavera.ca
Tue Dec 17 21:38:27 UTC 2019

What would be the plan?

5.x is EOL. And 6.x introduces new concepts and remove some deprecated
things from 5.x.
I managed to make it (kind of) work with 5.x but then, I found out
about some removed features in 6.x. (parent/child are now joins, one
document type per index, etc.)

There is also the migration path to consider. Should we tell people to
start from scratch?
I'm not sure how it would be possible to migrate existing data without
reindexing everything. But I'm not an ES expert either.

Mathieu