[all][tripleo][openstack-ansible] Openstack Ansible modules - next steps

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 18:18:49 UTC 2019

Hi, all
In the meeting today we agreed to meet every Thursday starting *this week*
at 4.00 PM UTC on #openstack-sdks channel on Freenode. We'll discuss
everything related to Openstack Ansible modules.
Agenda and topics are in the etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-modules
(I've created a new one, because we don't limit to Ironic modules only,
it's about all of them in general)

Short minutes from meeting today:
Organizational:
1. We meet every Thursday from this week at 4.00 PM UTC on #openstack-sdks
2. Interested parties for now are: Ironic, Tripleo, Openstack-Ansible,
Kolla-ansible, OpenstackSDK teams. Feel free to join and add yourself in
the etherpad. [1]
3. We'll track our work in Storyboard for ansible-collections-openstack (in
progress)
4. Openstack Ansible modules will live as collections under Ansible SIG in
repo openstack/ansible-collections-openstack [2] because there are issues
with different licensing: GPLv3 for Ansible in upstream and Openstack
license (Apache2).
5. Ansible upstream Openstack modules will be merge-frozen when we'll have
our collections fully working and will be deprecated from Ansible at some
point in the future.
6. Openstack Ansible collections will be published to Galaxy.
7. There is a list of people that can be pinged for reviews in
ansible-collections-openstack project, feel free to join there [1]

Technical:
1. We use openstacksdk instead of [project]client modules.
2. We will rename modules to be more like os_[service_type] named, examples
are in Ironic modules etherpad [3]

Logs from meeting today you can find here:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/ansible_sig/2019/ansible_sig.2019-12-03-15.01.log.html
Please feel free to participate and add topics to agenda. [1]

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-modules
[2] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684740/
[3] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ironic-ansible-modules

Thanks