[neutron][ptl][elections] Non candidacy for U cycle

Nate Johnston nate.johnston at redhat.com
Thu Aug 29 18:59:55 UTC 2019

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 10:40:41AM -0500, Miguel Lavalle wrote:
> Dear Neutron team,
>
> It has been an honor to be your PTL for the past four cycles. I have really
> enjoyed the ride and am thankful for all the support and hard work that you
> all have provided over these past two years. As I said in my last
> self-nomination (
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/003714.html),
> I am of the opinion that it is healthy to transfer periodically the baton
> to a new leader with fresh ideas and energy. One of the focus areas of my
> PTL tenure has been to keep the team strong by actively helping community
> members to become contributors  and core reviewers. As a consequence, I
> know for a fact that we have a deep bench of potential new PTLs ready to
> step up to the plate.
>
> As for me, I am not going anywhere. I am very lucky that my management at
> Verizon Media supports my continued active involvement with the community
> at large and the Neutron family of projects in particular. So I look
> forward  to help the team in the upcoming U cycle and beyond.
>
> Thank you soooo much!
>
> Miguel

Miguel,

Thank you for your leadership these past years.  You have set a high standard
for what it means to be a leader in the Neutron community.  You have been a
great technologist, keeping a keen eye on the strategic needs of the project and
the community while also posessed of great insight when battling bugs.  But you
have also been a kind word, an outstretched hand, or a welcoming presence for
those of us who have had the pleasure to work with you.  I feel that with your
leadership and your example Neutron has been a better environment in which to
labor.  So thank you for everything you have done and been for your fellow
Neutrinos these four cycles.

Nate