[neutron][OVN] Instance not getting metadata

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 14:20:58 UTC 2019

Hi Zufar,

The ovn-metadata-agent is trying to connection with the local OVSDB
instance via UNIX socket. The same socket used by the "ovn-controller"
process running on your compute nodes. For example:

$ ps ax | grep ovn-controller
 1640 ?        S<sl   0:04 ovn-controller
unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock -vconsole:emer
-vsyslog:err -vfile:info --no-chdir
--log-file=/opt/stack/logs/ovn-controller.log
--pidfile=/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/ovn-controller.pid --detach

Can you see the "unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock" ? That's
the UNIX socket path that needs to be passed to the ovn-metadata-agent
via configuration option.

You can find that configuration option at:

$ grep ovsdb_connection /etc/neutron/networking_ovn_metadata_agent.ini
ovsdb_connection = unix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock

Hope that helps,
Lucas