[neutron][OVN] Instance not getting metadata

Zufar Dhiyaulhaq zufardhiyaulhaq at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 04:43:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have set up OpenStack with OVN enabled (manual install) and I can create
Instance, associate floating IP and test the ping.

But my Instance not getting metadata from OpenStack. I check the reference
architecture,
https://docs.openstack.org/networking-ovn/queens/admin/refarch/refarch.html
the compute nodes should have installed ovn-metadata-agent but I don't find
any configuration document about ovn-metadata-agent.

I have configured the configuration files like this:

[DEFAULT]
nova_metadata_ip = 10.100.100.10
[ovs]
ovsdb_connection = unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock
[ovn]
ovn_sb_connection = tcp:10.101.101.10:6642

But the agent always fails. Full logs:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/757805/

Anyone know whats happen and how to fix this error?

Best Regards,
Zufar Dhiyaulhaq