[nova] API updates week 19-33

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Aug 15 13:45:46 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

Please find the Nova API updates of this week.

API Related BP :
============

COMPLETED:
1. Support adding description while locking an instance:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-locked-reason

2. Add host and hypervisor_hostname flag to create server
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-host-and-hypervisor-hostname-flag-to-create-server

Code Ready for Review:
------------------------------
1. Specifying az when restore shelved server
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/support-specifying-az-when-restore-shelved-server+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: This has been rebased as 2.75 microversion is already merged. This will need again rebase as 2.76 is reserved for 'Add 'power-update' external event'

2. Nova API cleanup
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/api-consistency-cleanup+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Nova patch is merged. python-novaclient patch is pending.

3. Show Server numa-topology
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/show-server-numa-topology+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Alex is +1 on nova change, but this is with microversion number as 2.76. This might need to be hold on ?

4. Nova API policy improvement
- Topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/policy-default-refresh+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: First set of os-service and Admin Action API policy series is ready to review. I have sent the
review guide over ML - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-August/008504.html

5. Add 'power-update' external event:
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/nova-support-instance-power-update+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: This is reserved for 2.76 and we should merge this soon as many other microversion changes are waiting for
grabbing 2.76. I do not have updates on the current state, maybe matt or surya can add more if needed.

6. Add User-id field in migrations table
- Topic: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/add-user-id-field-to-the-migrations-table+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Changes are up for review but with microversion 2.76. We can rebase the microverison number later and not blocking
for review. I will review it next week.

7. Support delete_on_termination in volume attach api
-Spec: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/topic:bp/support-delete-on-termination-in-server-attach-volume+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Spec is merged and code is up for review. This is another one from Brin. Ready for review and rebase on available microversion number can be done later.

Specs are merged and code in-progress:
------------------------------ ------------------
1. Detach and attach boot volumes:
- Topic: https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/detach-boot-volume+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: No Progress. Patches are in merge conflict.

Spec Ready for Review:
-----------------------------
1. Support for changing deleted_on_termination after boot
-Spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580336/
- Weekly Progress: This has been added in backlog.

Previously approved Spec needs to be re-proposed for Train:
1. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- I remember I planned this to re-propose but could not get time. If anyone would like to help on this please repropose. otherwise I will start this in U cycle.

2. Volume multiattach enhancements:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- This also need volutneer - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-June/007411.html

Others:
1. Add API ref guideline for body text
- 2 api-ref are left to fix.

Bugs:
====
No progress report in this week.

NOTE- There might be some bug which is not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in the above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

-gmann