[all][tc] U Cycle Naming Poll

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Aug 13 15:38:28 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-13 07:57:29 -0700 (-0700), James E. Blair wrote:
[...]
> Several folks, including you, have said that they wish the process
> were out of the TC's hands. The fact is that it already is, but
> unfortunately people seem to keep wanting to manipulate the list
> before it goes out for a vote.
[...]

You've also convinced me that I should not have requested removal of
politically-sensitive choices from the list, since we could have
done that as part of the community discussion instead of prior to
it. I feel like the goal in narrowing the list of options was to
speed up the public review period so we could get on with the vote
quickly and have a name sooner, but in retrospect that raised as
much or more discussion than leaving them in likely would have done.
--
Jeremy Stanley