[nova] Running multinode resize tests in the gate

Artom Lifshitz alifshit at redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 18:04:53 UTC 2019

Yo Novans,

In trying to understand why my partial fix to bug 1813789 [1] -
specifically the part where reverting  a resize fails because we get
the network-vif-plugged event from Neutron before we start listening
for it - I noticed that we don't test multinode resize (and revert) in
the gate. As far as I can tell, the only place where the revert tests
are run are in tempest-full-py3, and that's on an allinone single
node.

In order to test a theory of mine about revert resize on the same node
vs source to dest and back again, I do have a DNM patch up [2] to run
the resize tests in the nova-live-migration job - I think that's the
only multinode tempest job we have, right? I think that job also runs
evacuation tests [3], correct? So, should we just rename it
nova-multinode and add resize to the list of tests it runs?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1813789
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/653498/
[3] https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/54d8b40471e6f7b36dbe45966c1c605f94d49182/playbooks/legacy/nova-live-migration/run.yaml#L52