[neutron] Cleaning in Neutron

Miguel Lavalle miguel at mlavalle.com
Tue Apr 16 21:55:00 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

Thank you for catching this. This topic was discussed during the September
PTG and it was agreed that: "The OVO sub-team has accepted to also continue
the adoption of the new engine facade (
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/enginefacade-switch),
since both efforts work in the DB layer and entail traversing the code
looking for opportunities of adoption" [1]. Unfortunately, we lost members
of the OVO sub-team, to the point that the weekly meeting was recently
removed [2]. As a consequence, this will be my personal goal for the Train
cycle. I have restored the two patches that you pointed out and I'll
re-start the effort from there [3][4]. I am also adding this topic to the
discussion during the upcoming PTG.

[1] See section "Neutron upgrades/OVO" in
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-September/135032.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/645181/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/545501/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/396121/