[neutron] Cleaning in Neutron

Mike Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Tue Apr 16 13:11:26 UTC 2019

There are a lot of very important and large DB related changes here
that were unfortunately abandoned by their contributors [1] [2].
Neutron remains from a SQLAlchemy / oslo.db perspective in this very
awkward state where it is halfway between using legacy oslo.db access
patterns and the "newer" enginefacade, which is now four years old.
This leads to complicated issues that are difficult to develop around
and debug [3].

I don't have a solution to this problem as I am not tasked with
Neutron to the degree that would be necessary to complete these
migrations on my own, however as always, I eagerly await the arrival
of developers who can commit to seeing these refactorings through,
where I will of course be available to help.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/545501/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/396121/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/348080/57/neutron/tests/unit/extensions/test_subnet_onboard.py@42