[nova] - Stack VMs based on RAM

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Mon Apr 15 21:39:31 UTC 2019

 All,

 in the past I used to stack VMs based on RAM on hosts by putting the
 following settings in my nova.conf file:

 ->ram_weight_multiplier=-1.0
 ->available_filters=nova.scheduler.filters.all_filters
 ->enabled_filters=RetryFilter,AvailabilityZoneFilter,CoreFilter,RamFilter,ComputeFilter,ComputeCapabilitiesFilter,ImagePropertiesFilter,ServerGroupAntiAffinityFilter,ServerGroupAffinityFilter

 I have now a Rocky installation and although I have set the above on my
 controller node and restarted corresponding services the result when
 spawning two VMs (one after another) is still to be distributed on two
 different hosts. Seems that the something is missing in order to
 override the default behavior.

 Any suggestions please?

 Best regards,

 G.