[PowerVMStackers][Winstackers][uc][tc] Encourage to transform from project to SIG

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Mon Apr 8 16:42:12 UTC 2019

On 08/04/2019 17:11, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2019-04-08 18:04:39 +0200 (+0200), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> [...]
>> What defines those groups is not the software bits that they
>> produce, but their overall goals (getting OpenStack to run on
>> Windows, supporting PowerVM technology in OpenStack). The
>> repositories that they maintain is just a means toward this larger
>> end, and a lot of their work is actually done within existing
>> repositories from other project teams.
> [...]
>
> This brings up an interesting question, though. The contributors to
> those Winstackers and PowerVMstackers repositories today are able to
> vote in technical committee elections. Should we consider an
> amendment to the charter to include contributors to SIG-owned
> repositories in the TC electorate?

100% yes.

E.G. - Someone who contributes to the api-sig repos is as deserving of a
vote for the TC as someone who commits to designate / glance / nova
neutron.

(I used api-sig as an example, as I think pretty much anyone who has
committed there already had a vote due to other openstack commits, but
if we are going to move into a situation where we would remove peoples
ability to vote we should adjust our processes to avoid it).

- Graham