[requirements][FFE][congress] lower psycopg2 requirement to 2.5.1

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Fri Apr 5 21:27:09 UTC 2019

http://mirror.ord.rax.openstack.org/pypifiles/packages/37/25/53e8398975aa3323de46a5cc2745aeb4c9db11352ca905d3a15c53b6a816/psycopg2-2.7.7-cp36-cp36m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
> >  (2.7MB)
> >
> > it is technically true that psycopg2==2.5.1 will work on centos but until this is restored to 2.7 the gate job
> > cannot be
> > fixed.
> >
> > pep-0508 defines a set of markers we can use for packageing
> > https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0508/
> >
> > the only marker that i know of that contains the disto name is "platform_version"
> >
> > we should be able to do something like
> >
> > psycopg2==2.5.1; platform_version~=CENTOS
> > psycopg2==2.7;
> >
> > but i dont think we should be breaking one distor to fix another when the lower constatint.txt wont be used to build
> > the
> > centos packages anyway lower-constiatns will only be used when installing from pip in which case the distro versions
> > is
> > not relevent unless i have missed something.
> > >

> Thank you, Sean. Sorry I'm ignorant re: the lower constraints job.
> Where can we look-up what the valid lower-constraints are?
>
> Specifically, I looked at another earlier patch without the change to
> psycopg2 version (lower constraint 2.7) but there also it installed
> 2.7.7.
> http://logs.openstack.org/63/649763/4/check/openstack-tox-lower-constraints/8eb07bd/tox/lower-constraints-1.log
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/649763/
>
> Does that mean psycopg2==2.7 is also invalid?
that is a good question. i belive 2.7 shoudl work however when i fixed the lower-constraints evn
in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/650441/ i got test failures related to psycopg2 locally.
the lower constraints tox env and therefor the gate job has been broken since it was created
so you cannot trust any of the lower constraints are correct until we test with them.

i have also used docker to try and run the test under centos
basically by running
sudo docker run --rm -itu root  -v $(pwd):/data centos/python-36-centos7 bash
then pip installing tox and runnign the lower-constraints job
tox -e lower-constraints -r -v

it also fails on centos but for differnt reasons then i was seeign with a ubunut based host.