[requirements][FFE][congress] lower psycopg2 requirement to 2.5.1

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Fri Apr 5 07:54:56 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 11:51 PM Matthew Thode <mthode at mthode.org> wrote:

> On 19-04-04 14:30:51, Eric K wrote:
> > Requesting exception to lower a requirement to resolve a packaging issue.
> >
> > https://review.openstack.org/#/c/650100/
> >

> This is more of a stable question, it's late in the cycle but it sounds
> possibly needed.  I think this is fine technically, but not sure about
> it policy wise.  To me it sounds more of CentOS's problem than
> Openstack's (to be a bit brash).  Added the stable tag to the thread.

To clarify this topic, the approach in RDO is not to provide newer versions
of packages which are included in CentOS base repos as it may affect other
packages included in the distro *unless is required*. This means we update
dependencies included in CentOS for issues actually reported by users or
detected by CI but not proactively to match what is in upper-constraints.

In the original implementation of the new feature in Congress this was the
case (it was breaking CI jobs) so i started the process to update it in RDO
in https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/19929/ . According to the feedback
from Eric, this is needed just for a experimental feature so i think that
doing the import conditional or changing the implementation as done in
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/650100/ is good. Anyway, let us know if
the update of psycopg2 is needed and i will revive it.