[tc][ptl][all] Completion Report: OpenStack gate testing migration to Bionic (Ubuntu LTS 18.04)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Apr 5 19:54:16 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

We have all patches merged now for legacy job migration to bionic.

All the legacy and zuulv3 native jobs are running on Bionic in stable/stein onwards. This means we
have completed our stein testing runtime[1] in OpenStack as a whole.

Thanks a lot to all of the teams for such nice coordination.

- FInished migration in 2 part. 1. zuulv3 native job migration, 2. legacy jobs migration.
- networking-midonet bionic jobs are n-v as it is not yet ready on bionic.
- ~50 patches merged to migrate the gate jobs
- ~ 60 DNM testing patches done before migration happens
- We managed no big gate break for any project. Except for Cinder which was for 1 day I think.

Ref:
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/(topic:legacy-job-bionic+OR+topic:legacy-job-bionic-done)
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:devstack-bionic
- http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2019-March/004268.html