[tc][ptl][all] Report: OpenStack gate testing migration to Bionic (Ubuntu LTS 18.04)

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Mar 27 03:55:48 UTC 2019

 ---- On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 22:40:38 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  ---- On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 14:25:06 -0500 Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote ----
 >  > Hello Everyone,
 >  >
 >  > As we are close to Stein release, I am reporting the status of openstack gate testing on Bionic.
 >  > Few legacy jobs patches are still under review to mark this activity complete.
 >  >
 >  > Currently OpenStack gate is running two type of zuul jobs,  1. DevStack based zuulv3 native jobs2. legacy jobs
 >  >
 >  > 1. DevStack based zuulv3 native jobs:
 >  > These jobs are already migrated to Bionic and all the zuulv3 native jobs run on Bionic[1]
 >  >
 >  > 2.Legacy jobs:
 >  > This is in-progress work. Most of the project's legacy jobs have been migrated along with legacy base jobs
 >  > migration to bionic[2]. But there are below projects are pending to finish this migration:
 >  [..]
 >
 > As stable/stein is cut before bionic nodeset patches merged on few projects,
 > I have backported them for stable/stein. Request all below projects to merge them soon:

Migration patches have not merged yet:
 * Trove - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/642329/
As per discussion with lxkong, it might take time to make trove work on
Bionic. So we have two options to move ahead.

1. Merge the migration patch which moves trove CI to bionic but with job failing. We
can make failed jobs as n-v. backport this on stable/stein also. This way it will be sure
that we do not forget this migration. trove team can work on fixes in parallel.

2. Leave the migration patch not merging and once trove team fix all failure then,
we can merge this patch with job running successfully on bionic. Also backport all
the fixes and migration patch to stable/stein.

 master patch is merged and backported to stable/stein
 * Glance  : on gate - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/647270/

Based on trove team decision, I will discuss this in TC and conclude this migration activity.

-gmann