[nova] retire a flavor

Florian Engelmann florian.engelmann at everyware.ch
Fri Apr 5 12:29:00 UTC 2019

>> I think we need some method to retire images and flavors.
> well it depend on what you mean by retire.
> my definition of retire means it still exist but is no longer
> requestable for new instances. idealy if you retire something from
> service it should be possible to reinstate it again even if that is unlikely.

That's also my definition of retire. It still exists but no new instance
can choose it and is no more listed for normal (member) users. And I
agree - re-enable should be possible.

> but yes we shoudl have a documented procedure to "retire" a flavor  or image in the
> admin guide somewhere but we also need to define what that means first and that might
> change form deployment to deployment at least in some cases.

Yes but if the database schema is already prepared to disable (=retire?)
a flavor we should implement this in the API first and then document it?

--

EveryWare AG
Florian Engelmann

tel: +41 44 466 60 00