[tripleo] gate is backed up (again)

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 18:09:16 UTC 2018

Ahoy folks.

We're running into a massive backlog and it's messing with everyone
again. As stop gap, we're clearing the gate and will need to land the
patches to switch them back to non-voting and remove the scenarios[0]
from the gate in stable branches.  We had switched them back to voting
~2 weeks ago because they were still in the gate (but non-voting).  I
thought we weren't going to run into as many issues in the stable
branches but we've been backporting a bit more lately.

We are proposing this because in the gate we've had a bunch of
scenario failures[1] not related to code but just time outs.
Additionally we're making progress on converting the master scenario
jobs to standalone versions which may be backportable to stable/rocky.
So in the mean time, we're asking that you not approve or recheck
anything until the CI has stabilized.  We'll send out a note when
we're clear.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:scenarios-nv+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
[1] http://zuul.openstack.org/builds?pipeline=gate&result=failure&result=timed_out&result=post_failure&project=openstack%2Ftripleo-common&project=openstack%2Ftripleo-heat-templates&project=openstack%2Fpython-tripleoclient