[nova] [placement] placement functional testing

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Mon Nov 26 15:51:07 UTC 2018

When https://review.openstack.org/#/c/617941/ merges (probably
today), nova will be running its functional tests against
openstack/placement and the existing unit and functional tests in
nova that were solely testing placement will be gone.

Tests like those in functional/test_servers.py will still be testing
against real placement code, using a PlacementFixture that
establishes a in-process placement service and an in-RAM database.

If you have changes in progress that use placement anywhere in your
functional tests it is quite likely you will have some merge
conflicts. I tried to make it so that in most cases you don't need
to do anything to have a working placement: If you're using the
Intergated Helpers, it ought to just work.

But if it doesn't please ask here, or find me in IRC and I can try
to help.