[all] We've combined the lists! Now what?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Nov 19 19:02:45 UTC 2018

On 2018-11-19 18:14:09 +0000 (+0000), Sean Mooney wrote:
> so on a related note i just going an from the
> openstack at lists.openstack.org email adress which im not a member
> of because if try to reply to it i get a message telling me so.
>
> i am subsibed to openstack-dev and i recently joined
> openstack-discuss but i think there are some other weridness how
> things are beign forwarded.

Thanks for spotting this! I see that in the case of the message you
mentioned Mailman is complaining because the actual
openstack-discuss list address doesn't appear in either the To or Cc
headers. I've hopefully solved this now by adding the addresses of
the old lists as known aliases for this one so that it will treat
their appearance in To or Cc as satisfactory for this check.

> when they are manually approved and forwarded is the reply-to auto
> updated to openstack-discuss? im assuming the mail from
> openstack at lists.openstack.org was one that was forwarded.

A great question... it doesn't seem to do so, no. I'll see if I can
figure out whether there is a convenient option to make that happen.
--
Jeremy Stanley