[openstack-discuss][Glance]BP to trace change to store context in request.environ[‘glance.context’]

Leehom Li (feli5) feli5 at cisco.com
Tue Dec 25 09:06:15 UTC 2018

Hi,

I encountered an error when enable audit for glance.
And a bug is fired to fix the conflict in keystone middleware project.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystonemiddleware/+bug/1809101

Brief about the bug is both keystone audit middleware and glance are using req.context.
They are conflict with each other.

I upload a patch to fix this issue for keystone audit middleware.

But I think it would be nice to have glance consist with other OpenStack component like nova to store context in request.environ[‘glance.context’].
I checked the code of glance, use of req.context spread cross entire API level code, so I think it would be better to have a BP to trace about the change.

Needs your kind advice.

Best regards,
Leehom Li

feli5 at cisco.com